Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day3: Random Rhymes

Day3 challenge was quite different in nature. I generated 10 random words using an online random word generator and then selected 4 rhyming/related words for each of them from Rhymezone -- giving me a word bank of 50 words. 

As my 9 year old son is also participating in the challenge, we decided to have more fun and attempt a different sort of poem using the same word bank. Here is what he wrote. And below is my attempt (Italicized words are from the word bank):

For Jim always is
a happy brown clown
Living in a tilting building 
in downtown

He loves to put, bright
 makeup on his face
always dresses in polka dots
and an orange colored lace

He goes by the name
 of A Delirious Idiot
The crowd finds it funny
and his acts are hilarious

Tales of his deeds, are
always sought after
My friends always tell me, 
with roaring laughter

My kids also love him
more than fairies
As he carries not books,
but berries in libraries

One day, when I met him
I asked him a question,
"Can I please give you
a genuine suggestion?"

He told me, "I'm willing to,
give you my attention
As long as you promise to
not give me any tension."

I told Jim, that, I'm not so sure
With so many problems around, with no known cure
a silly laugh, in these times, is not an allure
and that he needs to act, like a man matured.

He told me:

 "Watson, this is elementary,
So, don't be pedantic.
Treat life as a poetry
and die a romantic"


"Look at me dear,
I've got a hole in my heart
and before my breaths are over
I want to play my part."

"I am left with, only a year or two
To solve world's problems, I got no clue."

I noticed, he wanted to do something, 
before his chances blew
So, that's why he's in a rush, 
he knew time flew.

He couldn't laugh himself, 
so he made the country smile,
Hiding his sorrows behind the mask
The eye-shadow was his guile.

The bright makeup on his face 
hid his pain very well
The lace covered his sufferings,
so no one could tell.

The polka dots he used to
camouflage something more
He wanted his audience to laugh
and not cringe on sight so gore.

His makeup wasn't funny, but hideous
He really was a delirious idiot.

But I made him a secret promise
and I will never let him down...
for Jim always was
a happy brown clown.

© Ankush Agarwal
04 Apr 2020

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to do -- a father-son poem! I especially like
    "My kids also love him
    more than fairies
    As he carries not books,
    but berries in libraries"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to my blogs. Your comments are appreciated.