Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 4: Dreams


How do I write about the dream?


I'm sure, I had many.
'coz that's the world I see,
when I close the eyes,
my unknown fantasy.

Do I see another reality,
or a realm mundane?
it's a world with anything possible,
and void of any pain.

I've been to places
with unparalleled scenery
Those glorious white peaks
dancing with greenery

I've laughed many laughs
killing time with utmost glee
so close to my loved ones
whom I don't meet in reality

I've won many a battles
and achieved the impossible
Done those things with ease
which in life are impractical

The world there, is a happy place
such dreams have been many
then why is it so, that
I don't remember any?

Then there were dreams
Too embarrassing to share
these are the ones recurring
but I'd keep them a private affair

All the nightmares since childhood
I somehow distinctly remember
and they still manage to scare me
and I can't help, but surrender

The happy ones make my body glow
even the weird ones are fair
I just wish the nightmares
never do re-occur.

© Ankush Agarwal
05 Apr 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blogs. Your comments are appreciated.