Saturday, September 27, 2008

Once it was Lehman Brothers...

I vividly remember being in awe of the Lehman Brothers building, when I first saw it. Right in front of it, was my own office...the 750 building of Morgan Stanley, but I took more pictures of the Lehman Building, than of my own office. The Lehman Brothers ticker was visible to most of us from our own desk and constantly reminded us of the worthy competitor we have.

However, its glory was suddenly lost in the market jitters. And, we are not happy about it. Not just because, I have friends in LB, but also we needed such a competitor and LB never deserved this fate. The luck played a more prominent role in its end, than anything else.

We have new ticker to concentrate on now - The Barclays Capital Group....more commonly known to us as BGI. I have spent a lot of efforts, supporting the huge order flow of BGI, in my earlier project...I am sure, it would have been even more interesting now.

Once a Morgan-Stanley building, and very recently a Lehman Bros. building, here is what it looks like now:

 


(Tx to Jay, for remembering how desperate I was for this picture and mailing it to me right on time.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blogs. Your comments are appreciated.